Friday, April 6, 2012

Couture Collection Sublime Review

As well as the recent Bgee I reviewed, Our Naughty Secrets decided that they wanted to send me something else new to review. I had this sex toy on my wishlist because I had heard a lot of good things about this line, and frankly it just looked awesome. The Couture Collection Sublime is certainly one heck of a vibe!

Like all of the Our Naughty Secrets shipments I've gotten, this toy came in a brown, discreet box. It was packaged with brown paper to keep it from tumbling around, as well. Something that's always important to me (because I get my packages delivered at home) is that the label of this box reads "ONS," which could stand for anything. No one's going to be able to tell what you've ordered.

When I pulled this out of the box I was like "I didn't ask for anything like this!" The packaging it comes in is HUGE! The good news is that the toy itself is 'normal' sized, just the box is abnormal. Because of the size I would not recommend the packaging for storage because it's just too darned large! It's at least 7 times larger than the toy itself, so it's not convenient at all.

The packaging aesthetic wise is very nice. On the front cover is the toy that you received against a white/blue 'aquatic' background. It also states the name of the line in cursive letters. The back has some basic information about the line and the toy, such as the brand and some specs like the battery type, but it's not super informative.

You can open up the front flap of the box to see the toy and to read even more information about it. This is where you can learn about the material, the functions, and re-read a bit about the line of toys. This would be great to display in a store. While it's huge, it's not a bad box to wrap and give as a gift. It has no naked women or lewd saying on it, but it's also not the most discreet. Here's a picture of the front and the flap of the box:
The vibrator itself is made entirely out of silicone. Silicone is nonporous and body safe, meaning that microbes can't get inside of it and thrive, and that it doesn't contain any harmful chemicals. You can wipe it down with a 10% bleach solution to disinfect it, and this should be done every time you plan on switching users or orifices to prevent the spread of infection.

This vibrator is quite a bit larger than what I'm used to, but it's also very versatile. The insertable part of this toy is about 7 inches long, but it is also over 5 inches around at the girthiest area. This makes for a toy that's perfect for those that want a lot of girth, especially at their entrance, but it might scare off sex toy newbies.

The Sublime is intended to be inserted, and has a slight g-spot curve to it. If you're one of those girls who needs a very sharp, firm g-spot toy this isn't going to hit the mark, but I personally can hit my g-spot quite well with it. It also has 'waves' in the shaft that make insertion feel very different from any toy I've had the pleasure of using before. 

The thing about this toy is that it's actually also very effective for external stimulation. The curved rounded tip on this toy is a great shape to use on the clitoris, and the ridges are very stimulating when you run them between your vulva. What makes this even better is that the vibrations transfer incredibly well to the tip for fairly pinpoint vibrations.

Anally, this is okay for use but not great. You can easily insert the first few 'ridges' safely, but after that it would be best for more practiced anal players not only because it doesn't have a flared base but also because of the large size. While I wouldn't highly recommend it for anal play, you could do it if you have had a lot of practice. If you're looking at these pictures and thinking "No way!" Our Naughty Secrets also has a collection of more anal friendly toys.

Here is a picture of the two sides of the toy:

Here's a picture of the 'waves' (pardon the bad contrast):
And here's a picture showing the flexibility:
So enough about how it looks and the size, how does this toy do as a vibrator?

My answer? Very, very well. I personally am a huge fan of deep, rumbly vibrations in my toys. The Sublime is one of the rumbliest I own, and I have several Fun Factory and Jopen vibrators. I think it's a combination of the thick silicone and the deep motor, but the vibrations really penetrate the surface of wherever you're using this toy.

This toy is controlled by two buttons: a power button and a settings button. When you press the power button the light turns on to let you know that your toy is on, and then you have to press the settings button in order to get it to start vibrating. You press the button to cycle through all the settings, and then you can press the power button to turn it off at any time. The settings are as follows:

1) Low
2) Medium
3) High
4) bbbbBBBBZZZZZZ bbbbbBBBBBZZZZZ
5) BZZZZ BZZZZ BZZZZ
6) BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ
7) BZ BZ BZ BZZZZ

And here is a picture of the two buttons:

On high this toy is about 3.5/5 in power and 2.5/5 in volume. It can almost be heard over the public showers, but it can't be heard through the door or through a thin wall. If you live with others this is still quiet enough to be discreet.

I really like that you can work up from a low setting to a high setting, and deep, rumbly patterns are something that make me super happy in a toy. If you need a ton of power in your toys this might not be the one for you, but this vibrator has enough oomph to get the 'average' woman off for sure.

Another thing that I love about this toy is that it's 100% waterproof... If you let it air dry before you open the battery compartment up. There is a thick rubber o-ring around where the battery connector is that seals water out from the electrical bits, but the large area of the battery compartment isn't waterproof, so if there is water trapped in the large compartment formed by the battery cap it could get into the wiring of the toy if you open it while it is still wet.

Here's a picture of the battery compartment:
Overall, the Sublime is a great vibrator. When I first took it out of the box I was surprised at how large and hefty it is, and not being able to take much girth I was afraid that I'd find this super uncomfortable to insert. Gosh I was wrong! In my large collection of sex toys this is now in my top 10.

The reason that I like this so much is that I have a fairly shallow g-spot, so I only have to insert it up until the third 'bump' which is a bit under 4 inches around. If I only insert it that much I can still use it to thrust against my g-spot, but I'm not left feeling stretched. If you have a deeper g-spot and don't like girth you might have more problems that I do, but as it is this is a great toy for me.

If you're thinking that this sounds like a delicious toy for you, you can find it here at Our Naughty Secrets. If you're a but underwhelmed with this toy, on the other hand, I still recommend checking out their site because they have a wide variety of other sex toys and their prices are unbelievable!

Overall
Volume: 2.5/5
Power: 3.5/5
Waterproof? Yes
Recommended? Yes
Total rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment