Friday, March 2, 2012

La Curve Vibrator Review

Because the guys over at Body Jungle are way too good for me, they actually sent me two toys to review this time instead of one. Not that I'm complaining! The second toy that I found in my box of goodies was the La Curve. It came in the same discreet box as the last toy that I got from them to review, and had nothing on the shipping label or package to indicate that it came from an adult store.

The La Curve vibrator caught my eye because of the interesting looking design and the great material. I thought that it looked like a toy that would work wonderfully with my body, and I was right! The La Curve vibrator consists of a silicone sleeve that you can remove from the bullet to clean, and the bullet itself. The bullet it easy to remove, and the part that sticks out of the toy has a small button on the base and is silver. Here is a picture of me showing off the bullet out of the toy.

The vibrator itself came in a fairly flimsy plastic box. It's got a transparent front where the toy is very visible and it has some basic instructions and information about the toy. While it isn't the most discreet packaging, it has no naked women or lewd sayings on it. I wouldn't hesitate to wrap this toy up and give it as a gift.
The sleeve is made of thick, flexible silicone. In total it's about 6 inches long, but only a bit over 3 inches of those are insertable. At the widest point it's about 3.5 inches around, making it great for those who don't like thick toys. The loop will easily fit one of everyones' finger, but if you have very small fingers you can fit two. 

While this would be pretty intense for anal play, as long as you keep a finger through the loop it would be safe to use it like that. It may be pretty thick, so I would recommend it for more advanced users.

 You can boil the sleeve of this toy if you plan to switch orifices or users to kill bacteria that may be on it, but you can also wipe the whole thing down with a 10% bleach solution to disinfect it. I use an antibacterial toy cleaner to wipe it down after use, but you also can use soap and water.

Something that I really like about this vibrator is that you can use it for light dual stimulation. It's not going to be as intense as a rabbit made for both internal and clitoral stimulation, but it's nice if you don't need intense stimulation on your clit and just want some mild vibrations.

What I really like about this design is that it is much wider at the tip than in the center. This allows for it to be a wonderful g-spotting toy, while it doesn't make me feel 'stretched' when I thrust with it. I also want to point out how flexible the silicone is. Here's an image of the toy itself, showing off the shape a bit, and also a picture showing off the flexibility.

The bullet itself is fairly powerful, but the silicone tends to muffle and dampen the vibrations a bit. There are 7 patterns to this toy and they are as follows:

1) Low
2) Medium
3) High
4) BZBZzbzvz bzbz bzbzbzzzz (hard to describe)
5) BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ
6) bbbBBZZZ BZZ bbbBBBZZZ BZZZ
7) BZBZBZBZbzbz BZBZBZBZbzbz

On high this toy is about a 3/5 in power and a 3/5 in volume. This is about average for toys like this, and it can be heard over the shower but it couldn't be heard through the wall or through a door. I personally think that the patterns are really nice and this would be a good place to start if you're looking to try a toy with a little bit more variety and you don't need extreme power.

If you've decided by now that the La Curve looks like it's worth the low price tag, Body Jungle has a whole basketful of these little guys. If you decide to get one I hope that you like it as much as I like mine! My only qualm is that it's a bit loud and that the vibrations are a bit buzzy. I am now on the lookout for a quieter bullet to slip into this sleeve.

Overall
Volume: 3/5
Power: 3/5
Waterproof?  Yes
Recommended? Yes
Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment